Consultancy service for monitoring and evaluation specialist for combating domestic violence against women and children, grant project
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
The “Combating Domestic Violence against Women and Children” project financed by a grant from the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction, administered by Asian Development Bank. The Grant Agreement was signed by the Government of Mongolia and the Asian Development Bank has become effective on 1 February 2019. The Ministry of Justice and Home Affairs (MOJHA) is the project executive agency (EA) and the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) was established under the Secretariat of Coordination Council for Crime Prevention (SCCCP), MOJHA. Detailed information of the project can be obtained from:
The MOJHA intends to recruit a qualified Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist as an individual consultant, to support the EA in implementing the project.
The purpose of assignment is to ensure adequate monitoring of the Design Monitoring Framework of the project and provide inputs in the regular monitoring reports produced for the project. The specialist will be responsible for interacting with different specialists working on aspects of the project, ensuring that relevant data is properly collected and analysed.
Scope of Work
Scope of the M&E specialist will review the project documentation and Design Monitoring Framework, create a work plan identifying sequence of products, timing of different inputs, deadlines for delivery of data and indicators; assist PIU in establishing a mechanism for implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Design Monitoring Framework from the relevant consultants; interact and review the inputs of consultants working on project related data collection systems; obtain and compile relevant indicators from the sources referred to in the Design Monitoring Framework, in particular the MOJHA, the National Statistical Office, and Ministry of Labour and Social Protection; all data sources that can be obtained on a quarterly basis, primarily administrative data, monitoring should occur on a continuous basis to verify data quality and ensure that any eventual corrective measures are taken; overall responsibility for producing the project annual progress and relevant monitoring reports, including use of data analytics of a helpline #107 to measure the Behavior Change Communication outcome on helpline promotion and utilization to see whether reporting and referral behaviors changed.
Detailed Task and/or Expected outputs
- (i) Review the project documentation and Design Monitoring Framework, create a work plan identifying sequence of products, timing of different inputs, deadlines for delivery of data and indicators;
- (ii) Develop the Project Performance Monitoring System (PPMS) that is coherent and results-based approach to project planning, performance reporting, and evaluation of results;
- (iii) Support the PIU in establishing a mechanism for implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the Design and Monitoring Framework;
- (iv) Assess the achievement of the Design Monitoring Framework target indicators and milestones;
- (v) Interact and review the inputs of consultants working on project related data collection systems;
- (vi) Obtain and compile relevant indicators from the sources referred in the Design Monitoring Framework, in particular the MOJHA, the National Statistical Office, and Ministry of Labour and Social Protection;
- Ensure all data sources are obtained and administrative data, monitoring should occur on a continuous basis to verify data quality and ensure that any eventual corrective measures are taken;
- Develop the types and frequency of the project performance reports (e.g. annual, semi-annual and quarterly progress reports) for approval by the Project Director;
- (ix) Produce the reports and ensure timely submission to the EA, MOF and ADB, as needed;
- (x) Prepare the briefings for the Project Steering Committee, the Project Director and the PIU team on the overall project implementation status and recommendations for improvement.
Minimum Qualification Requirement
- A master’s or higher degree in relevant social science discipline, statistics or economics;
- Minimum general experience should be 8 years as of M&E;
- Minimum specific experience should be 5 years of working experience as of M&E expert
- An experience in conducting and analysing surveys and working with administrative data would be advantage
- English language fluency is required.
Application SUBMISSION Procedure
Interested individuals should apply through ADB’S Consulting Services Recruitment Notice (CSRN) following the link below by 18 December 2019, 10:00 pm (Ulaanbaatar time).
The following documents should submit/upload into the CMS
- Cover letter/Request for Expression of Interest
- Curriculum vitae/Resume
- Copies of diplomas of academic degrees
- Two Reference Letters from previous and or current employer
OFF-LINE EXPRESSION OF INTERESTS WILL NOT BE RECEIVED.
Project Implementing Unit
G9198-MON: Combating Domestic Violence against Women and Children
The Ministry of Justice and Home Affairs of Mongolia
Government Building V, Chingeltei district, Trade Street 6/1